Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Daisy Mae

It is 3:15 am,can't sleep again.It is taking it's toll,this no sleep thing.I cried a lot last night.Spoke with our Vet.My 11 year old adopted hound Daisy Mae is going to be put down today.I know it is the humane thing,she has an enlarged heart,and she is having trouble breathing,and has a croup like cough.I can't afford to keep her alive anymore.Because of Paul's dementia,he isn't even aware my heart is breaking in a million little pieces.
For those of you who don't know me,My animals,are more than just my pets.They are my therapy,my best buds,my joy .Just 2 months ago,I watched my beloved Cato,13 year old cat I adopted when he was a kitten die of Kidney failure.I am still not over his death.Than husband's deadly diagnosis.I am still processing this and grieving.Now Daisy Mae.Daisy Mae Caruso you have been an Angel in Fur the short 11 months we have had together.YOu helped me get over my dog Dottie;s passing last year from old age.Your wonderful spirit and love have gotten me through a lot.Daisy Girl,I love you,You have been a Blessing in my Shitty life.Thank you,Thank you,Rest in Peace Sweet Girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my cat is *so* important to me.. i can really relate to the unconditional love that a pet gives; needing that love and acceptance. i also understand the terrible grief of losing one.

jimmy's wife

Anonymous said...

My sister, you've given that dog (as you do with all of your animal family members) a great 11 months and you have to know that Daisy Mae left this earth knowing she was so very loved by you.