Thursday, January 31, 2008

Today.....

Here is the latest from the Dementia front.Last night,I finally had at least 7 hours sleep.That is good.I wasn't functioning well on 2 hours a night.
Husbands neuro upped his meds,and added to mood/antipsychotics.Paul has been becoming violent and aggressive.Thankfully,these meds have mellowed his ass right out.Relief for me,even if for a time.

Am in the process of handling all the household stuff,family is helping,lots to do,lots on my mind,brain overload at least several times daily.
Husband has another test on the 18th,another brain test,and another neuro appt a few days after that.
Youngest son age 20 has been looking for a house to rent.He will be close by,but not in the house watching his father die.I totally understand.
It is extremely hard to watch a once vital and strong,loving man,be reduced to the shell he is now.
Painful does not describe it or even come close.
I have been in the same pajamas for 2 days.I need to take a shower,but that takes too much energy these days.Plus my knee has been killing me the past few days,and my right ankle/foot which has been an ongoing problem,and the list goes on.Peace...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

overwhelmed... i cannot even begin to imagine the level you are having to survive at. what is really sad is the chaos and stress make the dementia feel very close; while i know in the future some day it won't matter in the least. my brain won't have that level of function. for you and J; my heart bleeds for you and all you must put up with..

to my sister of choice; hugs.

jw's