Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Books on Dementia

Over the past several months,I have been reading anything on Dementia I can find.Some of the books have been good,the best one I have read so far,about a wife's day to day living with a demented crazy husband is called "A Glass Full of Tears" by June Lund Shiplett.I ordered it used off of Amazon.I started it last night,and I am almost done.She articulates how horrible it is to live with a person with Dementia,and what it does to the wife.I highly recommend it.I am also reading Mermaid in the Basement,by Michael Lee West.That one I am not getting through so fast.It is fiction that takes place in the South.
I can't concentrate very well,so I have been playing handheld Yahtzee in between chores,and before I go to bed.
Paul came home from work,went straight upstairs.I am sure once I go to bed,he will be up and eating nonstop until the wee hours of the morning.At least he isn't irritating me,or yelling,or giving me 20 questions.I read the book a month ago,"The 36 hour day",it got great reviews,I didn't care for it.Didn't tell me anything I didn't know and it is fine if you have money and can pretty much plan what your life will be like.Not for poor folk like me and lots of others.I didn't even finish it.
I feel the tension in the house,in myself.My heart is racing.My chest feels tight.My head hurts,my legs hurt,and my heart hurts bad.
I had a nice conversation with my best bud today and she is the only one friend I have in person who lets me vent.Thanks Christina,I love you!
Life isn't fun anymore.I have lost hope.I was happy to get an update on my new grandaughter tonight,Daddy was very happy to have held her a lot today.I hope when I lay down in my bed tonight,my mind doesn't race,and sleep comes quickly.Nights are very lonely.Peace

No comments: