Monday, February 4, 2008

Horrible weekend,and Necessary Decisions

I will try and get my feelings out on this past weekend.I am beyond exhausted and trying to keep one step ahead of the raging lunatic that has become my husband.
This weekend,I had to make a judgement call.In the best interest ouf our family finances,the public's safety,and the good of all.
Son and I informed Paul,that Son is now in charge of the paint business.We cannot afford any more huge mistakes that hubby has been making,both in judgement,and in money matters.This was extra hard because Paul has always been a control freak,and for our 23 years together has doled out money to me on an as needed basis ,as if I was 5.
Now that I know I am dealing with a totally irrational mind,a damaged brain.I knew there would be fallout,I was expecting it,and boy did I get it.Saturday am,he was a psycho,finally,and thankfully son told dad,You are not able to paint like you used to,you cannot paint a straight line,etc...This was important,because for a long time,son was in denial,and I was the baddie.I am sick of being the family scapegoat.
So this was very validating for me.I was also happy because it means son is growing up.
Starting today son is in charge of the jobs,contractors,money,etc...
Of course husband aka Satan gave us hell all weekend long when he wasn't sleeping or eating large quantities of sweets.
I took both his checkbooks,his credit cards,since they were paid off and he has already gotten them way up again from charging his paint on his cards.
This was painful to do for many reasons.One it made it very very real,he is incompetent.Secondly,for the first time in my life,I am totally in charge of my life.This is not a bad thing,I have been wanting it for years.It is scary though,since I am a novice at it.I do have a good busienss sense,and a good brain.I know I can do it,but it is scary.
Than last night,husbands best friend came over to watch the Super Bowl.This gave me a much needed break,and I pretty much laid around in my room,in between animal chores,and dishes,etc..
Than 5 minutes before friend left,Satan was back with a vengeance.In front of his friend,who stared in absolute shock,as Paul started in on me,he was a maniac.I had to usher his friend out the door quickly(he is one of those people who don't take a hint)Tell husband it was not open for discussion and I limped into the bedroom on my bad legs,and boy they hurt now.
I read for a little bit,and thankfully was able to go into a nice oblivious sleep.
When son takes Dad to work today,I know he is in for a very hard time.Thankfully son knows how to deal with his father.I have mountains of SS paperwork,and Social Services paperwork to do today.I have a pile of bills to pay and only a little bit of money to pay them.I have a ton of phone calls to make today,things to do.I don't know how I am going to get through this,but I am sure I will.
I just have to remember to not think to far ahead.The present is bad enough.
I am lonely,and need friends,people,a sane voice....Peace

No comments: