Sunday, February 3, 2008

Dedicated to Donovan Patrick Born11/23/2005

This is going to be a very painful blog to write.This blog is about my precious grandson Donovan Patrick,whose parents have kept away from me and my husband.This was before husband was showing major signs of this disease.
Let me preface this by saying,This 25 year old son of mine and his wife,got us so pumped up about the pregnancy.I was even present when my daughter in law delivered my grandson.I should have known things were going to go horribly wrong,when my son started telling me,a mom who raised 4 sons and 2 step kids,how to hold his infant son.Than,2 weeks after my absolute joy over this new life,son called on the phone and said coldly,If you want to see your grandon,you need to bring a change of clothing,that we launder,because we pulled a cat hair from his nose.I was stunned,never in a million years had I imagined this.
I was hurt,angry,but I kept my cool,I nicely tried to find out what brought this change,he wouldn't answer me.So like a groveling idiot,I was only allowed over one morning a week for 2 hours,to visit with my grandson.If I brought him toys,they wouldn't let him play with them till they washed them.I wasn't allowed to take him out in the back yard,even though he cried to me,"MImi"Outside,They wouldn't let me.Son and his wife moved to Delaware last year.I get no recent pics,I haven't seen him since last June.I call on the phone,and he can never talk.I will never forgive you Brian for doing this to me and daddy.Donovan my precious baby,you are innocent,and I can only hope and pray,someday you will come to find your "mimi"who has loved you even before you were born.
Even though I have a precious Grandaughter arriving end of March sometime,Donovan Patrick you will always hold a special place in my heart.I love you baby,I miss you terribly,I think of you all the time,and hope i can see you before I die.God Bless you precious grandson.God Bless you....

No comments: