Saturday, February 2, 2008

"Penis Pizza" and hypersexuality in Dementia

Ok,so anyone who is dealing with someone who has Frontotemporal dementia/Picks disease,knows what I am talking about in this post.
My husband thinks everything looks like a penis or vagina these days.I try and tune him out as best I can.When he brought a piece of wood from the backyard woodpile in the house a few weeks back,he told me it looked like a Vagina,well,maybe a very very old and decrepit one,LOL.
I hope to God,he doesn't start masterbating in public,yes,this is one of the symptoms of this horrid disease.
I read on my support forum,of wives taking thier husbands out to eat.Well,that won't be me.I have enough stress,without having to worry at Shoneys,that he will think the sausage links look like penises,or the bacon resembles a vagina.Nope folks,I have enough to deal with.
Paul is fast becoming mute,Thank God Almighty,I am free at last!Last week I had to listen to hours of bird calls,and him repeating the same sentence over and over again.Than there are the tics,and bizarre vocals.Oh yes and we had "Silent Football"Last week,which means he had the tv muted,so I could have silence,LOL except he yelled at the tv the whole time.

Someday when this is all behind me,and I have a new,"Peaceful"(I will believe it when I see it)life,I would love to meet my fellow spouses who have dealt with this disease and have a super fun get together somewhere.We deserve it !Peace...

No comments: