Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Things that piss me off

This morning I am going to write about things that piss me off.Hence the title.
First people,who are ignorant ,and have no idea what I am dealing with,with husband's dementia,that offer lots of unsolicited advice,remedies,holistic treatments,etc..Now I acknowledge,most people mean well.There are a lot of people out there who don't mean well.That is just plain fact.
There is a local millionaire,who husband has worked for painting for many years.He and his wife live in a Plantation house,have about 15 horses,vacation just about every weekend,and live a very comfortable life.
First of all said millionaire would not listen to me at all,when I tried to explain what Paul has.I told him to talk with son about business matters.Of course,being the ass that he is,and an arrogant Son of a Bitch,he refused.His equally dippy rich wife,for the 3rd or 4th time now has handed Paul the name of a holistic Dr. in Texas,and the name of some stupid ass herbal pills.
If I hear this one more time,I am going to blow a gasket.
I have an idea,all you idiots who think you know what I am dealing with better than me,take my husband for a month,deal with his violent mood swings,memory loss,childish tantrums and behavior.Any takers,of course not.I don't need advice from anyone who is not dealing with Frontotemporal dementia.Guess what people,you don't have a friggin clue.
I hear this kind of shit from a lot of the great people on the FTD support forum I belong to.They get it,they have a clue,you know why?Because they are living this disease and it's effects 24/7.
Them I will listen to.They are walking in my shoes with their spouses,their mom or dad,their son or daughter.Them and people like me,who are living with this horrid disease,we are the experts on this deal.
If you want to help someone who is dealing with FTD,or any other dementia.Put your money where your mouth is.We caregivers need rest and a break,not lectures,and suggetions.We need help .We are burned out,tired,grief stricken,worn out,and lonely.It makes it worse when outside people and even dumbell family members tell us what we should or shouldn't do,or that we are imagining this and making this illness up.
If you are truly informed about FTD,than you would know that this is not something any of us would choose for our loved ones,nor ourselves.I wouldn't wish this disease on my worst enemy.
After last week and dealing with mean,and arrogant MD's and people,I am spending this week in solitude in my own house,so I can decompress,without all the bullshit from the outside world.
Any caregiver out there,give yourself kudos,you deserve it.This is one hell of a ride,our lives change minute by minute,not day by day.It takes an amazing person to ride along and not go crazy ourselves.Be good to yourselves,I am trying to really work on this one for myself.
I am lonely a lot.I have a dear sweet friend who checks in on me and does little kind things for me often.I have another friend who is always willing to help.I have 2 other so called friends who give me more stress and agony than I need or want right now.So I am keeping them at a distance.
My husband was calm over the weekend,and than Bam,started last night and early this morning.The change is incredible.Even though I know it is the disease and not him.I was very very short tempered this am.Do I feel guilty,No I do not.YOu know why?I am human,I err,I make mistakes all the time.I am not Saint Theresa.I have flaws.People that drag you down and make you feel miserable,keep em the hell out of your life.Surround yourself with people who nurture your soul,and love you as is.Peace....

No comments: