Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Isolation and Dementia

It is Tueday am almost 9.I am now relegated to staying in my bedroom at night,to escape the wrath of Paul.I tried to be nice and kind to him last night,but the minute I entered his domain aka my tv room,the craziness started all over again.
I had a super busy day yesterday and mind you my knee is not totally healed and I have arthritis ,and fibromyalgia.I did a bunch of errands for my elderly friend and neighbor across the road.I was happy to do it,but it took up my whole afternoon.
My son Nick told me that when he took his dad to the paint store with him yesterday,everyone was staring in shock,my husband was looking and acting like a demented person.I am very proud of Nick,he had to literally grow up over night and handle huge responsibility,but he is doing ok,and will learn more as he goes along.

Last night after Paul ranted and raved at me again,my son told me he would set his dad straight today and that he would protect me.
I have to admit,I was really scared in my own house last night.Paul is becoming so psycho,I don't know this person.He is becoming very scary,evil in his eyes.
I have been sleeping with my cell next to me in bed,and I am thinking about getting a golf club,just in case I am here alone with him.So sad after 23 years together I am reduced to this.

It is amazing ,since Paul started really showing his dementia symptoms big time,everyone stays away,you find out who your true friends are and are not.All the people I thought would be there for me are not,and there are 2 people I didn't expect much from and they are helping me all the time.Peace

No comments: